Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alternative recipes that I have tried!


So I have wanted yummy brownies for awhile but I'm not interested in gaining a bunch of weight either. Here is a recipe I tried recently. Was it GREAT? No. Was it good enough to satisfy my craving? Yeah. Like I mentioned before, the worst that can happen is you have to try again.


So here is the original recipe from healthyindulgences.blogspot.com


4 oz cream cheese, softened

1 1/2 sticks of organic butter (3/4 cup), softened

OR 1 stick butter, 8 oz sour cream (for more moist brownies)

1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

4 large eggs

1 cup sifted coconut flour

3/4 erythritol or xylitol or 1/3 c honey

1/2 tsp good tasting stevia (increase to 1 tsp if using honey)

1/4 tsp sea salt

1/4 tsp aluminium free baking powder

1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder

1/3 c organic heavy cream

1/2 c pecans or walnuts


Cal 232.8 Fat 26.2 g Fibre 1.6g (if cut into 12)

MY REVISED EDITION


1/2 c Light Cream Cheese

1 mashed banana

1 tbsp vanilla flavoured stevia

4 lg eggs

1 c coconut flour

1/3 c sugar free preserves (preferably sweetened with fruit juice instead of artificial sweeteners)

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda (baking powder has corn starch and I didn't want to use it)

1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder


Mix all together until smooth. Pour into greased 9x9 cake pan. Cook at 350 for 25-30 min or until knife comes out clean.
Cal 92.8 Fat 6.0 Fibre 1.6g (if cut into 12)
My personal tips for next time: Needs melted chocolate or chocolate chips in it. Needs some nuts. Maybe a blend of coconut flour and almond flour. Use a smooth jam with no seeds. (hehe..)
* Nutritional values are approximate. I used an online recipe calculator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mm it looks really good!!!

Mary Four Pockets said...

I forgot to add that the chocolate sauce in the picture is from walden farms and has no calories... it says all natural ingredients but who really knows what that means...:)